Saturday, 21 April 2012
The First Ever Post
Taken 4 Granted was inspired by the writers utter frustration with how the average citizen of the UK is being governed, represented, managed and frankly shafted by our politicians, political parties, statutory bodies, quangos and big business.
The underlying premise is that " they " all take for granted the following :-
- A promise is not an promise because circumstances change.
- You and I are not willing by thought, deed or action capable of holding them to account.
- Instead of discourse, debate, discussion and making a compelling case it is better ( and easier ) to smear, spin, intimidate, threaten and destroy anybody who has the conviction to be counted and say " Stop, listen, your wrong ".
- One party politics is a perfect and compelling model for governance.
- Global economic forces are the responsibility of nobody.
- The phrase " Sorry, we f**ked up ! " does not exist in the English language.
- Elected representatives hold power not office, and that authority, accountability and responsibility must at all times never be, but always seem to be.
- Your vote, whether exercised or not, is for sale.
- Freedom is a privilege, not a right.
- We will continue to accept the status quo.
The writer is not a member of any political party, trade union, employed or professionally linked to any business associated with political activity, lobbying etc so is agnostic as to agendas. And targets :-)
The Internet gives us all the freedom and tools to express our views, communicate, network, share and above all engage in trying to improve our lives and those of others.
If you are entertained, amused, motivated or even infuriated by the contents of this blog then good.
To quote the sitcom character Wolfie " Power to the People ! "
Thank you for your time.
PS. Officially diagnosed dyslexic so this could get interesting at times.